W3/0120 Water Vapor Transmission Rate Tester is based on the cup method, and is professionally applicable to the water vapor transmission rate test of plastic films, composite films, sheets and other materials used in medical and other industry. By testing the water vapor transmission rate, the technical index of the materials could be controlled to meet the requirements for production.
- Standard periodically weighing method and automatic reset before weighing ensures accurate weighing data
- 12 distinct or equivalent specimens can be tested individually with independent test results at one operation
- Standard air velocity enables constant humidity difference between two sides of test dishes
- Wide range and high-precision of automatic temperature and humidity control to support various combinations of non-standard test conditions
- Equipped with fast access testing ports for temperature and humidity which is convenient to the user
- Universal RS232 communication port is convenient to the data export and transmission
- Reference film or standard weight for fast and accurate calibration
- Supports LystemTM Lab Data Sharing System for uniform and systematic data management
Under a certain test temperature, a constant humidity difference is generated between two sides of the test specimen. The water vapor permeates through the specimen and into the dry side. By measuring the weight changes of the test dish in different time, water vapor transmission rate and other parameters can be obtained.
Specifications Film Test Test Range 0.1~10,000 g/m2·24h (standard) Number of Specimen 1~12 (with independent test results) Test Accuracy 0.01 g/m2·24h Resolution 0.0001 g Temperature Range 15°C~65°C (standard) Temperature Accuracy ±0.1°C(standard) Humidity Range 40%RH~95%RH (standard is 90%RH) Humidity Accuracy ±1%RH Air Velocity 0.5~2.5 m/s (customization is available) Test Area 33 cm2 Specimen Thickness ≤ 3 mm (customization is available for other thickness) Specimen Size Φ74 mm Volume of Test Chamber 80 L Gas Supply Air Gas Supply Pressure 0.6 MPa Port Size Φ6 mm PU Tubing Instrument Dimension 826 mm (L) x 726 mm (W) x 702 mm (H) Power Supply 220VAC 50Hz / 120VAC 60Hz Net Weight 114 kg
- ASTM D1653
- ASTM E96
- ISO 2528